Life on Standby

"I don't think people are meant to be by themselves, that's why, if you actually find someone you care about... it's important to let go of the little things - even if you can't let go all the way. Because nothing sucks more than feeling all alone... no matter how many people are around you"

Saturday, September 24, 2005

Play crack the sky

Boring night Thursday and last night. No action, not even a taste.

Got offered a Job on the door again.

Bought a Nokia 7610, couldn;t afford it

Nobody is out again tonight, going to go up the club then down the town

Been for a couple of games of snooker with our Anth.

Feeling semi drunk now - my drinking is getting worse.

I am getting lonelier by the day, and it's killing me. It hurts me to think of her now, itkills me to know her first child won't be mine, it kills me to know that she could let go so easily, it kills me...

' Send out an S.O.S. call
It's a quarter past four in the morning
The storm broke our second anchor line
Four months at sea, for months of calm seas to be pounded
The shallows off the tip of Montauk Point
In calm rows, they travel fast and alone
One hundred foot faces of God's good ocean gone wrong
They call, "Love is a risk to always get hit out of nowhere by some wave and end up on your own"
The hole in the hull defied the crew's attempt to bail us out
Flooded the engines and radio
Half-buried bow
Your tongue is a rudder, steers the whole ship, sends your words past your lips, keeps me safe behind your teeth
But the wrong words will strand you
Come off-course while you sleep
Sweep your boat out to sea
You're dashed to bits on the reef
Vessel groans, the ocean pressures its frame
To the port I see the lighthouse through the sleet and the rain
And I wish for one more day to give my love and repay debts
The morning finds our bodies washed up thirty miles west
They say that the captains, they stash with the ship, through still and storm
But this ain't the Dakota and the water's cold
Won't have to fight for long
This is the end
This story's old but it goes on and on until we disappear
This is the calm
Calm me and let me taste the salt you breathe will heal me underneath
I am the one who haunts your dreams of mountains sunk below the sea… after the storm
I spoke the words but never gave a thought to what they all could mean
I know that this is what you want… right here with me
A funeral keeps both of us apart… washed up on the beach
You know that you are not alone'

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home