Life on Standby

"I don't think people are meant to be by themselves, that's why, if you actually find someone you care about... it's important to let go of the little things - even if you can't let go all the way. Because nothing sucks more than feeling all alone... no matter how many people are around you"

Saturday, October 15, 2005

Toy Soldiers

Funeral went ok, saw 'whatsername' out working on the night, didn't hit me much - if at all! One of the barmaids from Yates was giving me some _major_ attention, she's a babe... and courting! Trina, probably the hardest female in this town, told me how much she likes me... strange night in all, still ended up alone.

Last night Penny was working on the door in Yates and made a point to talk to me, I like penny, she is cool. The barmaid, Kirsty, was down Church Street Later with her boyfriend, Shelley was down there with some lad... why the fuck can't I find someone single? Was talking to Sam in Bar Paris, and the conversation got round to 'whatsername' and he said he can't stand her and knows how much she lies - him and his girlfriend, another penny, have split up - wouldn't surprise me if that little bitch had something to do with it!

Going to meet Kev up the club in a bit, got no money, owe Kev £20, fucked up with the monitors for Barry.

' It wasn't my intention to mislead you
It never should have been this way
What can I say
It's true, I did extend the invitation
I never knew how long you'd stay

When you hear temptation call
It's your heart that takes, takes the fall
(Won't you come out and play with me)

Step by step
Heart to heart
Left, right, left
We all fall down
Like toy soldiers
Bit by bit
Torn apart
We never win
But the battle wages on
For Toy soldiers

It's getting hard to wake up in the morning
My head is spinning constantly
How can it be?
How could I be so blind to this addiction?
If I don't stop, the next one's gonna be me

Only emptiness remains
It replaces all, all the pain
(Won't you come out and play with me)'

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home