Life on Standby

"I don't think people are meant to be by themselves, that's why, if you actually find someone you care about... it's important to let go of the little things - even if you can't let go all the way. Because nothing sucks more than feeling all alone... no matter how many people are around you"

Friday, January 19, 2007

We fight currents in the water when we can't let go of the shore

I've got a meeting early doors with my Housing Officer, presumably in regards to my (hopefully) impending house swap. The elderly couple with whom I am arranging the swap came down to take a few measurements today and, with it being the first time Tommy had seen my pad, everything had to be sparkling and prettyful. The good thing is that he was very impressed with everything which is a plus point. The only thing is that now it is becoming a reality, I wonder if I am making a mistake... I was with my Father when he died in this place, I found my Mother when she died in here, I lived with, loved and lost Stacey in this place (well, at least thats 1 good thing then!) - ah well, we shall see what tomorrow reaps. After the meeting, I am going to take some photos of the Garden so I can start planning the design of my barbeque...

Struggling more and more with my hands. I can no longer touch type as I have so little feeling in the lumps of meat attached to the end of my arms that I have to watch the keyboard and keep glancing at the monitor. I daren't go to my GP for a couple of reasons. Firstly, after the botch job the last butcher did to my left hand, i'm scared that they will say my right needs an operation. Secondly, since my nervous breakdown, I have not visited my GP for fear of judgement. My old doctor was a real classy bloke, very friendly and I was scared of what he would have to say about my ermm... mistake... The kicker? He's no longer my GP but I now have several different complaints that I would need to bring up, my hands being the most severe and I have got it into my head that they will think I am swinging the lead.

Went to see my brother down his new club today. We had a good chat and he seeems to be in a lot better spirits which is good because he is (not my description) an 'overweight Diabetic with weeping kidney and a history of alcohol abuse'. Not alcohol abuse in the traditional(?) sense but in the sense that due to his size and metabolism, it takes an inordinate amount of alcohol to affect him, hence the now weeping kidney! Being out of work depressed him a lot more than he let on and that was something he could do without. Hopefully the club will go well for him.

Just had the greatest ever supper, a bowl of Crunch Nut Cornflakes with Strawberries on... and just for Murray... a nice picture of the food of the gods :-p


Had an email from John, the Bass Player in my new band. They had a couple of guitarists and keyboard players to audition but they want to be started in the next couple of weeks. The included 3 tracks for me to start practicing the vocals on...

Whitesnake - Fool For Your Loving (not a problem, done this one before)
Cheap Trick - I Want You To Want Me (Actually i'd never heard the origional, just crappy pop covers)
Gary Moore - Don't Take Me For A Loser (OUCH! Prolonged high vocals... bonus!)

Looking forward to giving it a go, just hope I don't disappoint

1 Comments:

At 1:05 am , Blogger murray said...

Dude, I hate going to the GP too. But... there comes a time when you gotta "cut your losses," so to speak.. and just see someone. Remember, you don't have to do anything they say.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home